Wednesday, August 20, 2014
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Directors play an important role in the success of every credit union. The CFPB has issued many changes to regulations that became effective in January 2014. What does your board need to know? Can your credit union demonstrate that all the required changes have been implemented and that an effective compliance management system is in place? Can you prove that all members are treated equally under the existing and new fair lending laws? With this webinar, directors will learn about their roles and responsibilities in these areas. In addition, you can use the provided materials to satisfy the periodic training for board members. Webinar topics include:
- NCUA Rule 701.4 for directors (general authorities and duties of federal credit union directors)
- Best practices for effective compliance management, including succession planning and compliance oversight
- Recent developments in fair lending issues
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- What regulators expect board members to understand about compliance management
- What type of overview should be in place when new regulations require a board-approved policy or procedure?
- Critical compliance training for new board members
- Five “best practices” for making compliance reports to the board
- What should the board understand about fair lending? How does the CFPB impact your credit union?
- What are the risk factors in fair lending analysis and what type of reviews should be presented to the board?
- Recent enforcement actions regarding vendor management and violations of fair lending laws
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Checklist of five best practices for board education
- Seven steps for effective board succession planning
- Best practices checklist for vendor management
- Sample template for compliance reports for the board
- Checklist of annual policies that should be adopted
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be beneficial for directors, Supervisory Committee members, volunteers-in-training and other volunteers, CEOs, managers, auditors, compliance officers, and senior management.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.
MEET THE PRESENTER
Compliance Consulting and Training for Financial Institutions